Image source: EverydayHealth
Have you decided to start a plant-based diet or simply a vegan diet? Arm yourself with will and determination. Assuming a new style of eating is not as easy as you imagine, it requires discipline and the total willingness to enter a new diet.
If you decided to love vegetables, grains, and seeds, and leave meat, this won't be a problem. But starting the vegan diet is not only detaching from the consumption of meat, but also from those products of animal origin: eggs, dairy products, honey, butter, among others, which could have a greater impact on your life.
A plant-based diet is a way of life that goes beyond the food you have decided to consume, therefore it must be assumed with the responsibility that deserves to make any decision that merits change. If you're prepared to get started with it, we recommend you follow this Plant Based Diet Guide to get good results and get started with a vegan diet easily.
This transition could take time, which makes adapting to a new way of life. It may be appropriate to offer you 7 tips that could help you successfully start a 100% vegetable diet:
- Suddenly entering the 100% vegetable diet could cost a little, the advice is to eliminate animal foods and add others to the diet. It is about reducing the consumption of these foods a week, that is, eliminating them little by little, but all at the same time.
- It is advisable to know vegan cuisine outside the home, that is, if you are starting the diet, I advise you to visit a vegan restaurant, which will allow you to appreciate well-prepared dishes, then you can copy some of the dishes that you have been trying outside and start eating at home.
- Taking vegan cooking courses, or copying easy recipes from the Internet or other means, is also an excellent option, so you can cook at home and adapt to the new diet.
- If you know a vegan, the best thing to do is ask him for help. When you go to do your shopping, he can guide you to buy what best suits you to start this type of diet. On the other hand, they can give you the advice you need to prepare vegan dishes.
- From now on, spices will be your new best friends, looking for you to enjoy new aromas and flavors that you may need to adapt to the new diet. I recommend you buy a wide variety of them, they will all be of great help to you when seasoning your food.
- It is important to be aware of how your digestion works during the first week, because you will notice a change in metabolism and the way you feel, and you need to be aware of it.
- Perhaps one of the most important recommendations that we can give you is that you inform yourself, before starting the diet, read, research and consider what the lifestyle that you will assume from now on means.
Remember that starting the vegan diet should not be a sacrifice for you, so it is essential that when you start it you are convinced that you are going to start it for the right reasons. Whatever your reason, stay firm and willing, it will be worth it.